CBA Community Center in Chatham
Interested in learning more about us?
Technology and Training for a Stronger Community
The CBA Community Center in Chatham offers access to the resources that are needed for success. This center uses technology as a way to:
- Prepare young people for the future
- Allow residents to access & learn about technology
- Provide workshops for small business owners to maximize the use of technology in the areas of billing, procurement and collaboration
Chatham SBA Community Lending Initiative
Chatham Business Association Small Business Development, Inc. (“CBA SBDI”) is an approved SBA Technical Assistance Provider. Chatham Business Association has Service Loan Agreements with U.S. Bank that provide loans of up to $25,000 for non-traditional small business owners, women, veterans and businesses located within LMI and other specially designated areas The Initiative is supported by CBA SBDI’s ongoing workshop and technical assistance component.
The Chatham SBA Community Lending initiative is a loan readiness and small business development project of CBA Small Business Development, Inc in partnership with Chicago area financial institutions and small business development intermediaries. The goal of the Chatham SBA Community Lending initiative is to strengthen the capacity of the CBA members and businesses to successfully prepare and apply for lending opportunities that will result in business, community and economic viability and sustainability for all Chatham.
Chatham Business Association was be chosen and trained as an Affiliate Micro-lender by the City of Chicago Micro-lending Institute and will now be able to offer our business community microloans of up to $25,000.00. If you are a business owner who may have been turned down by a bank, you should come and learn more about the micro lending initiative. This is a bank supported BUT NOT A BANK RUN INITIATIVE.
Quick Application process and turn-a-around!
Sponsored by: PNC, Fifth Third Bank, Seaway Bank, Bank of America, Urban Partnership Bank, and Citi Bank
2013 Workshop Calendar
Loan Micro-lending Day
9:00am – 3:00pm
QBG Foundation Building, 800 E. 78th St., Chicago, IL 60619
Workshops held the fourth Thursday of the month
(Except for November and December – See Below)
January 24, 2013
February 28, 2013
March 28, 2013
April 25, 2013
May 23, 2013
June 27, 2013
July 25. 2013
August 22, 2013
September 26, 2013
October 24, 2013
NO WORKSHOP IN NOVEMBER
December 5, 2013
Chatham Business Association, Small Business Development Inc. is looking to close the gap between technology and small businesses on the South Side of Chicago. We believe that technology should be accessible to any person, business, and corporation regardless of economic status and location.
CBA, SBDI has created a Pilot Program, GET Connected. CBA, service provider for Special Service Area #51, conducted survey studies from October 19. 2011 to May 23, 2012. 201 businesses were surveyed. Of the 201 businesses, 160 businesses DID NOT have a website and 89 DID NOT have email. In this program, we will be working with 160 businesses without website and/or emails.
Starting in August 2012, these business owners and their staff will learn the importance of Access, Marketing and Technology. We believe that these three components are key to a successful business. Through the GET Connected program, the businesses will learn:
- How to setup a professional Business EMAIL account
- How to use SOCIAL MEDIA as a marketing tool
- How to find and use low cost TECHNOLOGY for Small Businesses
- How to create and maintain WEBSITES for free or minimal cost
If interested in the program, please contact Samia Malik, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshops Coming Soon!
Microsoft IT Academy
Chatham Business Association is a partner of Lumity. Lumity is an approved MS IT Academy partner. This program provides training and resources to Community Technology Centers, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations operating public computer centers and workforce development training to benefit community residents they serve.
- Access to a wide variety of Microsoft curricula and certifications
- Extensive teaching resources
- Microsoft E-Learning courses for educators and students
- Software licenses for lab and classroom use
- A wide range of instruction, from computer basics to high-level programming and architecture
The program is free to participating organizations i.e. Chatham Business Association
All Courses are web-based and self-paced and include:
- Digital Literacy for beginning computer users looking to increase their knowledge of computer hardware, software, networks, and the Internet.
- Microsoft Office for intermediate and advanced computer users looking to increase their knowledge and skills in Windows/XP/Vista/7 and Microsoft Office products. These courses will also prepare users for certification exams for each Office program.
- IT Training for advanced computer users and IT professionals that includes server administration, web and application programming, and other professional technical areas. The courses also prepare IT professionals for Microsoft's IT certification exams.
For more information contact Karletta Kelly at 773.994.5006 ext. 1006 or email@example.com or Samia Malik at 773.994.5006 ext 1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chatham Business Association, Small Business Development Inc. | © copyright 2012
How Big Girl Cosmetics Got A Huge New Reach Thanks To A Microloan Program
And why the traditional lenders wouldn't cough up the cash.
By Francine Knowles | Chicago Sun Times
Click Here for Complete Story